Who is Eligible?
North County San Diego students between 11 and 14 years old. Here at LabRats San Diego we understand that access to science can be unattainable for some our future’s brightest scientists. For that reason we strive for the participation of students across all socioeconomic backgrounds. We understand that things happen in life, but we don’t believe not learning science should be one of them!
- Sincere interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Math (STEM)
- Demonstration of a positive attitude and strength of character
1. With a parent/guardian, complete the online registration form for the summer 2017 lab session. Registration for LabRats San Diego opens at May 1, 2017.
- Select the Session you want to joim. If the camp of your choice is full, select “add to waitlist”.
- Indicate your intention to apply for a scholarship from LabRats San Diego.
- Payment will not be required, but your parent/guardian will be asked to disclose basic financial information.
2. Write a 1-2 page essay (12pt font, with your name at the top right) that answers the following:
- What areas of science interest you the most and why? On a scale of 1-10 what is your level of interest in science?
- Why are you motivated to become a leader in science?
- What problems do you want to work on to make this world a better place?